Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm Smart, Yeah, But Not THIS Damn Smart -- YET!


When I say I have homework, TRUST ME, I really have homework!! Passing all these damn classes on my way to my IT degree is no walk in the park!! They make us work like dogs for those A's!

This is the type of stuff I'm expected to know how to do IN MY FIRST YEAR!!! This is my latest assignment. They must think I'm a frickin' scientist!!


********* ********** ***********
The following assignment contains a required library research element. You and your team are now at the final stages of preparation for the development of V-Machine's database system. You are asked to create a report that offers an overview of languages, grammars, and automata theory. Write a report that describes and discusses the following terms. Include an example of each. Be sure to cite all references in APA format.

* Create a deterministic finite automata (DFA, or FSA) for the following scenario: A coin-operated vending machine sells candy for twenty five cents. The machine can receive nickels, dimes, and quarters. The candy comes out of the machine when exact change is entered. If more than 25 cents is entered, the change is returned, and one must start from the beginning. Describe how this FSA works.
* Formal languages and language set notation. Define what is meant by formal languages, and give an example of one. Describe the relevance of formal languages to finite state machines.
* Backus-Naur form (BNF) and grammars. : Suppose that ID codes for your company are in the form of a ten-digit number, with each digit being a number from 1 to 8. Use the Backus-Naur notation to write a grammar for the unique key requirement. Explain the BNF form – including the notation – and how it works.


I will be in my house buried in books for a week. Don't call, don't come by! ;)

2 comments:

William K Wallace Wednesday, November 03, 2010  

Wow I had a headache after reading the first few lines...I think I now need a relaxing massage.

It will all be worth it once you pass everything with flying colours, sometimes you have to suffer for the greater good...

The Fitness Diva Wednesday, November 03, 2010  

You are right about that, William. I am definitely suffering! No nights out downing endless pints when assignments like this come down the pike -- I have to be a good girl, darnit!! ;)

But yes, when I finally do know all this computer and programming stuff, and have that degree in hand, I will be one proud puppy! And a kick ass programmer, too, hopefully! ;)

  ©Blogger templates

Back to TOP