Saturday, June 27, 2009

Missing Michael...

Everywhere you go right now, you'll hear a Michael Jackson song playing, either from a passing car, in a store, on the radio, or even blaring from the ear phones of someone's ipod. Sometimes the songs catch me by surprise, because sometimes it'll be one that I'd completely forgotten about or haven't heard in years.
Beyond just acknowledging the magnitude and depth of the genius of this man, it also makes you realize what an endless body of work he was able to complete and bless us all with during his brief time on this planet. Wow. The song list is endless.

One thing you do know is that Michael will NEVER be forgotten, and will always be part of our lives in one way or another. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing the very first time I heard the song Billie Jean. I knew immediately that that song was something amazing and that it was going to change the way I listened to and felt music from that day on.
I can say the same about many of his songs, and they always take me back in time to the era in my life when I was listening to a particular song, and a picture of what I was doing back then when it was out. It's as clear as a photograph, the way some of these songs take me back.


I, like most of the world, am sad to see him go. But thank God, Michael Jackson will always be a part of me. As long as I can hear his songs, he will stay right here in my heart forever.

3 comments:

michael jackson fan Thursday, November 12, 2009  

I love this post. I love Michael Jackson too and his music and I don't really care about people hating on him.

Robin Boland Saturday, February 06, 2010  

Hi Fitness Diva,
We miss Michael Jackson too. We have his music and we bought his This is it DVD Movie. Really enjoyed this movie. His children are beautiful kids and I'm sure they will continue to spread love to the world. :-)

  ©Blogger templates

Back to TOP