Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No More Opie and Anthony in the Morning! Waaahhhh!


Damn! Now, who's going to help me wake up laughing every day???

I've been waking up to Opie and Anthony for about a couple years now, and really looked forward to my alarm going off because of them. Their low brow, over the top, balls out humor, while somewhat juvenile on certain days, most of the time gave me belly laughs while I was laying right there in my bed. Opie's kind of the dumb one, and Anthony...well, Anthony's got problems. With a lot of things. Nevertheless, I'd listen to them from the time I woke up until their show went off at 9 am. They have made me laugh myself to tears and into convulsions on many an occasion, and the frank honesty of their views on all kinds of things made me want to call in and argue with them on many a morning. (I never did).

So, I wake up today, hoping to hear their usual craziness, and instead of my usual dose of O&A, music is playing! OH NO!! That is NEVER part of the format! After a few more minutes, I realized that the rumors that their show was being yanked were more than just rumors. They've been canceled, and the new format of 92.3 KRock will now be changed to a top 40 station, no talk, just an endless rotation of pop music. Yuck!!!

Awww, mannn..! They were such a big part of my morning! I'm not going to wake up laughing anymore!! What am I gonna do??? Who's going to make me laugh until tears come out of my eyes now??? This seriously, seriously SUCKS! I'm really going to miss them!

5 comments:

The Fitness Diva Wednesday, March 11, 2009  

yeah, they're still on XM radio, but I don't have that, and am not going to subscribe, unfortunately. Their second show is after 9, and it's not worth if for me! :(

redb1ker Thursday, March 12, 2009  

If you haven't tried XM... You never go back. I was a died in the wool "I WILL NEVER PAY FOR WHAT I CAN GET FOR FREE." I ended up with a radio and have been a subscriber for over 5 years. I have taken a number of trips with that unit in the car or on the bike. I love it. The price is small for what ya get. Just my .02. Hope you can fix the O&A Jones.
Jay T.
www.ridesafe.today.com

The Fitness Diva Thursday, March 12, 2009  

Yeah, well, I gotta do something. I slept over two hours late the past two mornings. It's totally throwing off my wake up routine! You don't realize how important something is to you until it's gone!

Thanks for the suggestion. XM just might get me.... I dunno yet! ;)

Davida Saturday, March 14, 2009  

Sorry about your morning radio crew. I hope you can find a new pick-me-up.

Davida

  ©Blogger templates

Back to TOP