Friday, February 27, 2009

Wall St. Scene

Once a week I get to work on Wall Street, and it's one of my favorite parts of the city, so it's always a treat for me, especially in good weather. Battery Park City and the West Side Highway bike paths are both right there, so I get to roller blade there after I'm done teaching my classes. Gotta love this city! :)



I work across from the NY Stock Exchange




The flag out front is gorgeous!





It's not often that you get to see George hangin' out with Abe...




The oh so famous Wall St. Bull.
Tourists will kill to get a picture with him.





To get a perspective on size here, look at the size
of the woman on the left's head and then compare! ;)






A nice police horsey! I wanted to pet it, but doubt
that the lady cop would have been happy about that.





The National Museum of the American Indian. Below are some of the statues outside representing the sea powers of Europe. Yes, I agree...that's a bit of a contradiction, since it IS named the museum of the American Indian. Go figure!















Just another day on Wall St.




I love working down here once a week. Years ago, my Mom worked here too, in one of the banks. They're selling apartments down here now. Wish I could get one! ;)

5 comments:

tahtimbo Friday, February 27, 2009  

Thanks for the pictures. It must be nice to live there. A lot more interesting than living where I do:)

The Fitness Diva Saturday, February 28, 2009  

Thanks for stopping by, Tahtimbo. Yes, it is great living here. Even after all these years, I never cease to be amazed by all of New York's treasures! ;)

Sadie Saturday, February 28, 2009  

That makes me want to go back to NY so bad! I haven't been in 11 years. Thanks for the pics! I need to plan a trip soon! :)

Unknown Monday, March 02, 2009  

Thanks for the lovely trip down memory lane. I worked down on Broad St. when my hubby and I met, so the whole area is sentimental for us!

The Fitness Diva Monday, March 02, 2009  

Hey, Sadie...you know you need to visit old NY again! :) It's even better now! :D

Sedie, thanks for stopping by. Glad to be able to give you some good memories.
It really is great being in the area when the weather is warm. Sometimes after work, I walk right over to South Street Seaport and just wander around taking pics, or go about finding a cool little restaurant to sit outside and eat at. There is so much to see and do down there. Gotta love NY! :D

  ©Blogger templates

Back to TOP