Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What the Hell???

Big story in the news the past few days is this tragic incident where this woman's pet chimp attacked, mauled, and ripped the face off of one of her friends in her driveway. A crazy, horrific thing to even know happened to a person, and senseless, if you ask me. Why the hell is someone keeping a grown, 200lb chimp as a pet in their home? Absolutely crazy and ridiculous!
Anyway, the New York Post, one of the main papers here in NY decided to run this cartoon following the incident:


Okay, the absolute and utter stupidity and tastelessness of making light of such an incident at all is one thing, but the blatant racism displayed by one of our main newspapers (a-the person who authored it, and b-the paper for actually approving of and running it) just leaves me stupefied. I'm beyond shocked. Somebody needs to be fired, here. Are you kidding me???


4 comments:

steven wilson Thursday, February 19, 2009  

I could not believe my eyes when I saw this just now,and to think the paper approved,and printed it is absurd to say the least.

Rich Thursday, February 19, 2009  

I saw this earlier and was stunned. This blatant racism is unacceptable on so many levels. Explains why the new attorney general said that Americans need to talk about race more.

The Fitness Diva Thursday, February 19, 2009  

Well, I don't buy the Post, and hope that people begin to boycott this rag. Losing $$$ is what's most effective in a case like this.

Yes, Rich, I agree. It's the pink elephant in the room that so many are still afraid to touch.

Ms. O. D. Thursday, February 19, 2009  

Diva, this is so ridiculous... the chatter in social media groups, someone calling it "un-intentional" racism? What the Hell? This is pretty blatant. And the NY post released a statement, with an "apology" for (in their words) "thinly veiled expression of racism." so ridiculous.

  ©Blogger templates

Back to TOP